15231Re: Modular DVD on Slackware 8.1

  • wickdgin
    Sep 19, 2002
      Ok, I figured out the device I needed to use was /dev/hdc. So I
      restarted made a symbolic link /dev/dvd to /dev/hdc, and added it to
      my fstab to mount in /mnt/dvd. So the dvd is recognized now, and
      mounts cd's fine. I guess I'll start working on getting it to play
      dvd's sometime soon, as soon as I rent or borrow someones (I don't own
      any, sad isn't it).

      I'd still like to know if it is safe to swap drives into the bay if
      it's in suspend mode. And if so how would I get linux to recognize the
      change in hardware without rebooting?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic