14934Re: [linux-dell-laptops] HOWTO: Debian 3.0 on Dell Inspiron 8200

  • mchristoph.eckert@t-online.de
    Sep 3, 2002
      Am Dienstag, 3. September 2002 18:11 schrieb intrader:

      > Two questions please. what are the i8k-utils,

      Tools to control various hardware of this notebook: Fan-Speed,
      the volume-buttons etc.

      > where do you
      > get them,

      I don't know where I got this tool, ask google for 'i8k-utils
      download'. Or become a member of this group; AFAIK the
      i8k-utils are in the files section.

      > and how do you install them.

      Compile and install them. I think with ./configure, make and
      make install as root.

      > Secondly, about "added the line",
      > is several lines,

      That's the mailer which breaks the lines.

      <Start line>modprobe i8k<end line>

      <Start line>i8kbuttons -m "amixer -q sset Master,0 toggle" -u
      "amixer -q sset Master,0 5%+ unmute" -d "amixer -q sset
      Master,0 5%- unmute" & <end line>

      > and
      > where are you adding them?

      On SuSE 8.0, I used /etc/init.d/boot.local. If this file does
      not exist, you should create. Not sure, if all distribution
      read this file on boot-time.

      > I thank you in advance for your help.

      In advance you now have to use the info ;-))) .

      ce
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic