14926Re: [linux-dell-laptops] HOWTO: Debian 3.0 on Dell Inspiron 8200

  • intrader
    Sep 3, 2002
      Two questions please. what are the i8k-utils, where do you get them, and
      how do you install them.
      Secondly, about "added the line", is several lines, and where are you
      adding them?
      I thank you in advance for your help.

      On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 14:15, mchristoph.eckert@... wrote: Am
      Dienstag, 3. September 2002 01:39 schrieb Chris Nitkin:

      Wonderful site.
      For tips with the audio-keys, ask me.

      I installed the i8k-utils, and added the line

      modprobe i8k
      i8kbuttons -m "amixer -q sset Master,0 toggle" -u "amixer -q
      sset Master,0 5%+ unmute" -d "amixer -q sset Master,0 5%-
      unmute" &

      but I think this will not work with your OSS-drivers?

      Gruß

      ce

      ======
      Installation von SuSE 8.0 auf einem Dell Inspiron 8200
      http://home.t-online.de/home/mchristoph.eckert/inspiron8200/
      ======

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor