14896Re: Modular DVD on Slackware 8.1
- Aug 31, 2002--- In linux-dell-laptops@...,
> "wickdgin" <wickdgin@b...> wrote:Since no one has responded yet, I'll offer a few
> Anyone have any idea on how to get my modular DVD
> working on Slack. I haven't even attempted this
> yet- but I was hoping someone could offer me some
comments and a question.
1. What laptop do you have and what do you mean
by "modular dvd"?
2. I shouldn't matter, but I am using RedHat 7.3.
I would expect most if not all of the other
distros to work well too, it's just that I
haven't tried them.
3. Assuming you have relatively new equipment,
you should be able to get Ogle working. I
tried some of the others with inferior results
to those experienced with Ogle.
4. Make sure all is well with your X configuration
first. See Stephen Lau's FAQ.
5. You will probably need to add several supporting
packages before Ogle will work. At least I did
6. If your laptop uses the Nvidia GE Force Go chip
and you want to play a DVD on an external monitor,
you must start X with the external monitor as your
display :0.0. See the previous thread starting
with message 14646 on this list.
Works great for me.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>