14391Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Networking

  • Thomas Deselaers
    Aug 4, 2002
      On Sat, Aug 03, 2002 at 07:05:22PM +0200, Juergen Mueller wrote:
      > Hi Thomas,
      >
      > > 5. another option would probably lie in coda, which is an advanced
      > > networking filesystem with offline support and such and such, but I
      > > don't know how far the development has gone there and I have never
      > > tried it.
      >
      > Did anyone on this list try this? I wanted to ask this before, since a
      > colleague of mine (XP ONLY user) always smiles at me saying that Linux
      > doesn't have this "offline folder" support that XP has...

      Yes, the unison thing is the solution to this.
      I know people on Windows use unison (yes it is available for windows,
      too), and there are some advances. It is possible to use it over ssh and
      such and such.

      --
      Gruß
      thomas

      «< Unless stated otherwise everything I write is just my opinion >»
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic