14371Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Networking

  • Stephen Lau
    Aug 2, 2002
      you can put your home dir on your desktop machine, and export it via NFS to
      your laptop. this however would not help you in working on your laptop when
      you are commuting however. it seems that you might want to use a tool like
      'rsync' to synchronise files before shutdown or something.

      cheers,
      steve

      On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:32:44PM -0000, d99ma wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > I have the following setup at home. I have a desktop computer that is
      > always on and working as a gateway to Internet for my laptop. What I
      > want to do is to have my home directory available both on the laptop
      > and on the desktop. So if I work on something at home and saves it to
      > my home directory i can work on it on my laptop when commuting to
      > work, and when I get to work an realizes that I have left my laptop
      > on the train I can connect to my home desktop and retreive the file.
      > How do I achieve this in a nice way?

      stephen lau :: [ldl@...] :: gpg key id: 0x09E5CD21
      http://www.whacked.net/oss/ldl
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic