13291Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Processor speed question

  • Demosthenes
    Jun 5, 2002
      The BIOS on my 8200 laptop advises on the side in the notes section that
      'automatic' and 'maximum battery' options only work with the Intel Speed
      Step Application - otherwise the CPU runs at full pelt.

      No wonder no performance drop is noticed!

      On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 09:02, Paul wrote: The settings are configurable
      through the BIOS. Keep in mind that
      higher CPU speeds are supposed to burn more power.