13275Re: [linux-dell-laptops] Processor speed question

  • Angelika
    Jun 3, 2002

      got an i8k, A17, but I have the option "smart CPU mode". This will make
      your cpu go slower when there's not much to do and speed up once there's
      more stuff to calculate. This also helps saving battery and keeping the
      temperature low. Maybe you've got that one turned on. In my bios it says
      this is enabled by default.

      Maybe that's keeping the frequency down (IMHO, this is a useful option
      though since it does not really slow you down),
      Cheers,
      Angelika.