12533network question

  • brave_buzz
    May 1, 2002
      Its been a long time since I played with linux and now I'm trying to
      get eth0 running on my I8100(RH7.2). I'm trying to get TCP/IP working
      but cant find linuxconf in KDE. Is there any utility more helpful
      than the "network configuration"(this is gui based thing in kde)?
      telnet, ftp etc arent working even though I've given a valid IP and
      DNS, etc. It wont even telnet to the localhost! Could some one please
      point me to a help page? I'm more comfortable with editing the
      required config files. (PS: command "ifconfig <addr> <mask> up" too
      didnt help)
      Thanks!
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic