11951Re: [linux-dell-laptops] XP upgrade

  • Mads Bondo Dydensborg
    Apr 3, 2002
      On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 paul@... wrote:

      > > > BTW, I would rather get OS X on my PC instead of XP.
      > >
      > > Whoa! That is possible?
      > So far, I've found that the core of OS X, Darwin, can run on x86. I
      > don't know about OS X itself. Darwin is free, OS X costs $129.00.

      AFAIK OS X will not run on x86. The rationale would be obvious; If you
      want OS X, you must buy apple hardware.

      Mads Bondo Dydensborg. madsdyd@...
      I'd say that Microsoft has every right to expect a user to buy a license
      for each computer that the software will be installed on. And I tend to get
      especially annoyed by proponents of MS software who essentially bootleg a
      great deal of it; it's like a person who will only drive Porsches, but
      obtains them through theft.
      - DrCode
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic