11298SOLVED! Re: [linux-dell-laptops] VMWARE without an active network...

  • Gregory Gulik
    Mar 3, 2002
      Thanks, this did point me in the right direction..

      Here's the problem. I was using that NAT configuration for network due
      to me using a wireless network when I'm connected. The problem is that
      the NAT configuration is on Linux network interface vmnet8 but that
      interface does not have a Samba server bound to it!!!

      I changed the IP address in the HOSTS and LMHOSTS to the IP address of
      vmnet1, which is the only one that has a Samba server running and it

      Thanks again!

      Stephen Lau wrote:

      > do your samba logs on your host side show anything useful? can you see
      > it attempting to connect?

      Greg Gulik http://www.gulik.org/greg/
      greg@... http://www.drivingevents.com/
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic