107[linux-dell-laptops] Re: Trouble w/ ISP & PCMCIA Modem...

  • Leon Wood
    Oct 2, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: tjoconnor01@... <tjoconnor01@...>
      To: linux-dell-laptops@... <linux-dell-laptops@...>
      Date: October 1, 1999 7:37 AM
      Subject: [linux-dell-laptops] Trouble w/ ISP & PCMCIA Modem...

      >If anybody has configured a PCMCIA Modem and connected to an ISP on a
      >Dell, I would appreciate your help. I am using RedHat 6.0, a viking PC
      >Card PCMCIA Modem and Earthlink ISP. I have installed the modem but I
      >don't know where to start to set up my ISP. Any help would be
      >appreciated. Thank you.

      Have you contacted Earthlink and asked them if they'll help? Maybe ISPs are
      starting to come around and show some regard for the Linux community.

      Otherwise, the place to start is with the netcfg control panel. If Earthlink
      is not using any exotic protocols you may be able to get things working from
      there.

      Leon Wood
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic