Driver for Cheap Intex Ethernet Controller (misbranded as using RTL8139D)

  • randompie
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2007
      Hi all,

      Some time ago, I had got this cheap Intex branded LAN card, which had
      a chip saying RTL8139D on it (I think it is actually RTC8139 or
      RSL8139, not sure).

      The card does not work with a kernel from the 2.6.x series. lspci
      identifies the card as "Ethernet controller: Hangzhou Silan
      Microelectronics Co., Ltd. Unknown device 2031 (rev 01)"

      After quite a bit of searching around the net, I found that their a
      vendor provided driver for 2.4, but *not* for 2.6. Some more googling
      later, found that Cesar Eduardo Barros had written a driver that was
      scheduled to go into 2.6.20, but is now slated for 2.6.21.

      The driver patch is available at:
      http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/52387
      <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/52387>

      I am using the patch with a 2.6.20 machine running Slamd64, and works
      OK for me.

      Regards,
      Sachin