Re: [blug-prog] Best linux distro for programming

  • Venkatesan S
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2011
      > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
      > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..

      If you will mostly be developing with enterprise tools, you should take a
      look at centos (http://www.centos.org), which is basically RHEL. I do not
      understand what you mean by core level, though.

      --
      Audentis fortuna juvat

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
        > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
        > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
        >
        > I dont need a good looking GUI , but stable bug free distro .. core
        > level will be fine

        Any debian or derivative of debian should be good. I use ubuntu and it
        works well for most things.

      • Deepak Tripathi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
          +1 for Debian.

          --
          Thanks
          Deepak

          On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Venkatesan S <svtesan@...> wrote:

          > > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
          > > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
          > >

          > If you will mostly be developing with enterprise tools, you should take a
          > look at centos (http://www.centos.org), which is basically RHEL. I do not
          > understand what you mean by core level, though.
          >
          > --
          > Audentis fortuna juvat

          | Deepak Tripathi |
          | irc: irc.debian.org |