Re: [blug-prog] Best linux distro for programming

  • A.R Karthick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2011
      On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:14 AM, C Asghar <plan_889@...> wrote:

      > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
      > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
      >
      > I dont need a good looking GUI , but stable bug free distro .. core level
      > will be fine
      >
      > emacs :)

      Regards,
      -Karthick

      --
      Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.
      -Linus Torvalds

      A.R.Karthick
      http://github.com/karthick18

    • Venkatesan S
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2011
        > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
        > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..

        If you will mostly be developing with enterprise tools, you should take a
        look at centos (http://www.centos.org), which is basically RHEL. I do not
        understand what you mean by core level, though.

        --
        Audentis fortuna juvat

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
          > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
          > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
          >
          > I dont need a good looking GUI , but stable bug free distro .. core
          > level will be fine

          Any debian or derivative of debian should be good. I use ubuntu and it
          works well for most things.

        • Deepak Tripathi
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
            +1 for Debian.

            --
            Thanks
            Deepak

            On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Venkatesan S <svtesan@...> wrote:

            > > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
            > > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
            > >

            > If you will mostly be developing with enterprise tools, you should take a
            > look at centos (http://www.centos.org), which is basically RHEL. I do not
            > understand what you mean by core level, though.
            >
            > --
            > Audentis fortuna juvat

            | Deepak Tripathi |
            | irc: irc.debian.org |