Best linux distro for programming

  • C Asghar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2011
      I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
      Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..

      I dont need a good looking GUI , but stable bug free distro .. core level will be fine
    • A.R Karthick
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2011
        On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 1:14 AM, C Asghar <plan_889@...> wrote:

        > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
        > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
        >
        > I dont need a good looking GUI , but stable bug free distro .. core level
        > will be fine
        >
        > emacs :)

        Regards,
        -Karthick

        --
        Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.
        -Linus Torvalds

        A.R.Karthick
        http://github.com/karthick18

      • Venkatesan S
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2011
          > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
          > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..

          If you will mostly be developing with enterprise tools, you should take a
          look at centos (http://www.centos.org), which is basically RHEL. I do not
          understand what you mean by core level, though.

          --
          Audentis fortuna juvat

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
            > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
            > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
            >
            > I dont need a good looking GUI , but stable bug free distro .. core
            > level will be fine

            Any debian or derivative of debian should be good. I use ubuntu and it
            works well for most things.

          • Deepak Tripathi
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 17, 2011
              +1 for Debian.

              --
              Thanks
              Deepak

              On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Venkatesan S <svtesan@...> wrote:

              > > I need to do jsp programming or similar kinda web developing stuff .
              > > Mostly iam using tools suach as wasce , rad , db2 etc..
              > >

              > If you will mostly be developing with enterprise tools, you should take a
              > look at centos (http://www.centos.org), which is basically RHEL. I do not
              > understand what you mean by core level, though.
              >
              > --
              > Audentis fortuna juvat

              | Deepak Tripathi |
              | irc: irc.debian.org |