Is it possible to write some fixed string in a excel file at Fix cell location.

  • tux.ambarish
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2010
      Hi Team,
      Is it possible to write some fixed string in a excel file at Fix cell location w
      Fox example, in an excel file at line "four "and Column" B" i.e in cell B4, I want to write a string "OK".
      Is it possible with bash script to write a code in an excel file at particular location .

      If yes please guide me

      --------------------------

      Thanks in Advance
    • mahesh dhabade
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2010
        Easiest way to do is, generate a CSV file and save it as Excel.
        To generate a CSV file, for the example you mentioned :
        Following code will do it :

        for i in {1..3} do echo "," >> out.csv ; done
        echo ",OK" >> out.csv;

        Regards,
        Mahesh.