RE: [blug-prog] Sharing memory segments with other processes

  • Srinath Venkataramani
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      >I'm trying different things like POSIX shared mem, Sys V shared mem. But
      learnt
      >they are not useful for memory regions already mapped.

      What do u mean by the statement : 'not useful for memory regions already
      mapped!'
      Kindly explain.

      Secondly, as far as my knowledge goes trying to modify any data sgment or
      free store content of a process via /proc file system is absurd.

      If u need the simplicity of updating a variable and the value being reflected
      in another process space, use shared memory.
      Else if ur concern w.r.t to the variable is to be 'content-aware' and are
      ready for some intraction semantics use other forms of IPCs.

      -thanks,
      Srinath

      --
      Before posting to this list, read the list rules FIRST!

      http://blug.in/list-rules