RE: [blug-prog] running several tests in parallel using Perl

  • Srinath Venkataramani
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2005
      Based on ur problem, I can suggest the following:
      1) If u go for fork approach and want to parallelize all
      "logical-groups" of tests then u may _fork_ at every <bug_find>.
      2) But u may have to use some form of IPC or file locking mechanism
      to capture results from individual executions and prepare u r final reports.

      -Srinath
    • prabir senapati
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2005
        --- Srinath Venkataramani <srinathv@...>
        wrote:

        > Based on ur problem, I can suggest the following:
        > 1) If u go for fork approach and want to
        > parallelize all
        > "logical-groups" of tests then u may _fork_ at every
        > <bug_find>.
        > 2) But u may have to use some form of IPC or file
        > locking mechanism
        > to capture results from individual executions and
        > prepare u r final reports.
        >
        > -Srinath

        Hi Srinath,

        Thanks for the idea. One more query--
        Suppose I group the test-suites (comprising some test
        cases)and fork each such group. Then what combination
        of each such group would give the minimum test time
        required? Each test-suite is independent of each
        other. So we are independent to grouping. But there
        may or may not be dependency between position of
        test-cases in a group.

        Thanks in advance,

        Prabir

        Regards & thanks

        Prabir Senapati

        mailto: senapati2001@...

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Srinath Venkataramani
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2005
          >Then what combination of each such group would give the minimum test time
          >required?
          Since u know what each test case is about, I think u r in the best position
          to ascertain that :)

          -Srinath