Sound programming ?

  • Amith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      hi all,
      could someone point me to some resources on Sound
      programming other than Open Sound System ? . I have tried OSS but not
      happy with it :-( ! I would want to play a-law , u-law formats out of
      my sound card ( my sound card doesnt support it, want some library (
      high level ) which would convert it for me ) .
      Anybody tried ALSA ? does it have a programing interface
      (API) as OSS ?

      thanks for any help .

      cheers,
      Amith
    • Akash
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
        On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:42:27 +0530, Amith <amith@...> wrote:

        > hi all,
        > could someone point me to some resources on Sound
        > programming other than Open Sound System ? . I have tried OSS but not
        > happy with it :-( ! I would want to play a-law , u-law formats out of
        > my sound card ( my sound card doesnt support it, want some library (
        > high level ) which would convert it for me ) .
        > Anybody tried ALSA ? does it have a programing interface
        > (API) as OSS ?

        did you maybe google for ALSA?

        try this
        http://www.alsa-project.org/