Re: [blug-prog] Gtk Programming query

  • Sridhar R
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29 9:05 PM
      On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:28:36 -0800 (PST), a a <regn20032@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > I am using GTK+ API's for developing a GUI on
      > Linux. I want to have a Combo Box in which users can
      > optionally add/delete/modify items. I am not able to
      > figure out how to handle add/modify with it. It seems
      > there is no direct way to acheive this?
      > Any help in this regard would be appreciated

      You never heard of the Gtk tutorial?
      http://gtk.org/tutorial/sec-combobox.html

      --
      Sridhar R - http://cs.annauniv.edu/~rsridhar
      Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/~sridharinfinity
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30 12:46 AM
        > > Hi,
        > > I am using GTK+ API's for developing a GUI on
        > > Linux. I want to have a Combo Box in which users
        > can
        > > optionally add/delete/modify items. I am not able
        > > figure out how to handle add/modify with it. It
        > seems
        > > there is no direct way to acheive this?
        > > Any help in this regard would be appreciated
        > >

        > You never heard of the Gtk tutorial?
        > http://gtk.org/tutorial/sec-combobox.html

        I already went through the tutorial. My
        problem was how to handle add/modify/delete during
        runtime.
        Since we can only listen to changed/activated
        Events related to the combo box entry field I couldn't
        find a way to support all the above mentioned
        operations at runtime.
        The alternative is to use a list/tree view
        based model. But I need many entries in a single page
        and having many lists on a single page makes the page
        clumsy.

        Thanks.

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com