Re: [blug-prog] permissions for session handling

  • Dr Tarique Sani
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

      >hi,
      >i am writing a cgi session handling module where apache will write the state
      >information to a file. what is the minimum permissions i have to give to this
      >directory so info can be read and written?

      Depends on who owns the directory in the first place - gives you a hint?

      Tarique

    • Philip Tellis
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        Sometime Today, Kenneth Gonsalves assembled some asciibets to say:

        > i am writing a cgi session handling module where apache will write the

        why not just use CGI::Session or Apache::Session?

        > state information to a file. what is the minimum permissions i have to
        > give to this directory so info can be read and written?

        wx for the user that the web server runs as.
      • Kenneth Gonsalves
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          On Monday 01 November 2004 09:01 pm, you wrote:
          > Sometime Today, Kenneth Gonsalves assembled some asciibets to say:
          > > i am writing a cgi session handling module where apache will write the
          >
          > why not just use CGI::Session or Apache::Session?

          well, for my perl stuff i use CGI::SecureState - which, in my opinion, is a
          sensational module. It looks after all the session stuff without imposing a
          programming world view on the user. I was looking for a similar module in
          python, but couldnt find one.

          > > state information to a file. what is the minimum permissions i have to
          > > give to this directory so info can be read and written?
          >
          > wx for the user that the web server runs as.

          dropped the idea. i dont have root access, so i cant chown the directory -
          will have to store the session info in a database