Re: [blug-prog] Python for User Interface

  • Kenneth Gonsalves
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 2, 2004
      On Monday 02 August 2004 05:50 pm, you wrote:

      > One thing I didn't like, when I last checked, was that the advanced
      > controls (TreeView, ListView, etc.) were not well-documented for the
      > PyGTK version. You had to rely on the GTK docs and figure out by
      > experimentation. I hope the documentation has improved since.

      this seems to be a generic problem with documentation of python wrappings
      over somethingelse. the somethingelse documentation is imported as it is, and
      when the developer has time, he modifies it for python use (usually he doesnt
      have much time!)
      --
      regards
      kg

      http://www.onlineindianhotels.net - fastest hotel search website in the world
      http://www.ootygolfclub.org
    • a a
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 13, 2004
        --- a a <regn20032@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I have a requirement to get certain additional
        > information when the user logs in to the Linux
        > system.
        > I implemented it using PAM conversation fucntions.
        > They work with the login program. But they dont
        > work with KDE and GNOME based login. It seems both
        > kdm
        > and gdm haven't properly implemented PAM
        > conversation
        > fucntionality and prompt for username and password
        > before calling pam_authenticate(). Is there any work
        > around for this problem?

        Some corrections with respect to my previous mail.
        The PAM conversation works properly with gdm. The
        problem is only with kdm,xdm.

        Thanks,

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail