Headsup - last date for talks submission

  • Atul Chitnis
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2003
      All:

      This is a heads-up for those planning to give talks at LB/2003 - the cut
      off date of November 8th is fast approaching, and the number of talks
      already submitted is increasing daily. We will almost certainly reach the
      required number of talks soon, after which we will start selecting talks.

      The important thing here is - unless your name is Linus Torvalds, Arnold
      Schwarzenegger or Andrea Corr, it is very unlikely (make that
      *impossible*) to get your talk in after we close the online registration.

      I know that there are a number of you who have planned to give talks, but
      unless you get off your butts and head for

      http://linux-bangalore.org/2003/register/

      and register yourself as a speaker *AND* register your talks, you are
      going to miss out on what is now beginning to look like the biggest LB
      yet - at least as a speaker.

      Some of you have the excuse of exams - that excuse dies in 3 days time.
      Others have an excuse that they are too big to have to register themselves
      - let me point out that even the biggest names we have on our speaker
      lists so far did not think they were that special that they did not have
      to register.

      Some of you have made the usual lame excuses ("I can't speak", "I have
      nothing to say", "I am busy", etc.) - we have heard all those before, and
      deemed them unacceptable, so stop trying. ;-)

      So this is really speaking your last Sunday before cutoff date - spend
      some time registering yourselves and getting your talks in for
      consideration.

      Atul

      --
      Linux Bangalore/2003 - India's biggest Open Source event
      December 2-4, Bangalore, India

      Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
      Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 344-0397