equivalent of showrev -p on Linux

  • annamaraj
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30 8:19 AM
      Hi,
      I need to produce the equivalent of the solaris command showrev -p
      (showrev - show machine and software revision information and -p Print
      only the revision information about patches) on Linux .

      I am not able to find out an equivalent of this on Linux .

      Could somebody suggest an equivalent ?
    • Ganesan R
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30 8:39 PM

        > I need to produce the equivalent of the solaris command showrev -p
        > (showrev - show machine and software revision information and -p Print
        > only the revision information about patches) on Linux .

        > I am not able to find out an equivalent of this on Linux .

        Linux does not have a "patch" mechanism like Solaris. The whole package is
        updated.

        > Could somebody suggest an equivalent ?

        Still, it would be nice to know what rpms have been updated since a
        "release". I don't know an easy way to do this for Redhat.

        Ganesan

        --
        Ganesan R
      • Prasanna.Harpanhalli@Oracle.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30 8:44 PM
          >I need to produce the equivalent of the solaris command showrev -p
          >(showrev - show machine and software revision information and -p Print
          >only the revision information about patches) on Linux .

          annamaraj,
          You could do $rpm -q <patch name> to know whether the patch is applied or not.

          btw, I feel this should be posted to Blug-Tech.

          HTH,
          prasanna.
        • Kiran Kumar
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30 9:30 PM
            --- Ganesan R <rganesan@...> wrote:
            > Still, it would be nice to know what rpms have been
            > updated since a
            > "release". I don't know an easy way to do this for
            > Redhat.

            To an approximation, you could find the packages
            installed after the "release" using
            rpm -qa --last
            and checking the date of installation of the rpms.

            To find out what has changed in a particular rpm use

            rpm -qaV

            =====
            Regards,
            Kiran Kumar Immidi

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • annamaraj
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30 10:48 PM
              --- In linux-bangalore-programming@yahoogroups.com,
              Prasanna.Harpanhalli@O... wrote:
              > >I need to produce the equivalent of the solaris command showrev -p
              > >(showrev - show machine and software revision information and -p Print
              > >only the revision information about patches) on Linux .
              >
              > annamaraj,
              > You could do $rpm -q <patch name> to know whether the patch is
              applied or not.

              I don't want to find for any particular patch. I need to find out the
              list of patches applied, like i want to find out the errata applied on
              it and the patches in that particular errata .