Re: [blug-prog] Python and C

  • Ashwin N.
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
      --- Pradyumna Sampath <prady@...> wrote:

      > I have a part of an application in Python and the front end part of it
      > in GTK.I would like to integrate the 2.

      PyGTK?
      <http://www.daa.com.au/~james/software/pygtk/>

      ashwin

      =====
      --
      Ashwin N
      http://symonds.net/~ash/

      Yahoo! Plus
      For a better Internet experience
      http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer
    • Ganesan R
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003

        > On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 15:06, Ashwin N. wrote:
        >> PyGTK?
        >> <http://www.daa.com.au/~james/software/pygtk/>

        > I already checked that out.But the learning curve in that case is a
        > little steep and besides , I already have a front end made in
        > GTK+1.2.

        Personally I think pygtk is quite easy to learn. You can start at
        http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/.

        > There is just one little part of the code which I need to
        > integrate.Is there no way where I can make C talk to a scripting
        > language ?

        There are many alternatives. If you don't want to modify the script
        you can just talk to python over a pipe. See popen(3).

        Ganesan

        --
        Ganesan R (rganesan at debian dot org) | http://www.debian.org/~rganesan/
        1024D/5D8C12EA, fingerprint F361 84F1 8D82 32E7 1832 6798 15E0 02BA 5D8C 12EA
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
          Hi everyone,

          I have a part of an application in Python and the front end part of it
          in GTK.I would like to integrate the 2.

          How do I go about doing this.How do I implement a pipe in python ? Or
          are there any other ways of doing this ? All I need is to do is pass
          data from the front end to the python script as arguments.

          Or another alternate I was thinking of was Embedding Python in C ? How
          do I go about doing this ? Suggestions , links please.

          Thanks in advance
          regards
          prady
          --
          Mail : prady (at) prady dot net
          BMS College Of Engeneering

        • Pradyumna Sampath
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
            On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 15:06, Ashwin N. wrote:

            > PyGTK?
            > <http://www.daa.com.au/~james/software/pygtk/>

            I already checked that out.But the learning curve in that case is a
            little steep and besides , I already have a front end made in
            GTK+1.2.There is just one little part of the code which I need to

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2003
              On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 16:10, Ganesan R wrote:

              > Personally I think pygtk is quite easy to learn. You can start at
              > http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/.

              Did read thro' and wrote a couple of small scripts too.Wasnt very
              comfortable.

              > There are many alternatives. If you don't want to modify the script
              > you can just talk to python over a pipe. See popen(3).

              BANG !! Thats precisely what I wanted.Thanks a lot to all of you.

              prady
              --
              Mail : prady (at) prady dot net
              BMS College Of Engeneering