Re: [blug-prog] Reading data from Excel file using C on UNIX box

  • suman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
      On Fri May 30 2003 14:04, Neeraj Bansal wrote:
      > Hi All
      > In a project I am working on I need to read data from a excel file source
      > on UNIX box using C. Is it possible to do the same. if yes then how
      > could i go about doing the same.
      > My hunt for API was fruitless.
      hi
      IIRC the data in excel files can be accessed via ODBC(or smthg similar to
      that) jus like a db.
      i heard it from a friend and he has done it in c .
      try it out!
      HTH.
      -suman
    • suman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
        > hi
        > IIRC the data in excel files can be accessed via ODBC(or smthg similar to
        > that) jus like a db.
        > i heard it from a friend and he has done it in c .
        > try it out!
        > HTH.
        > -suman
        hi all
        ysterday i verified this ,
        there is an ODBC inerface for excel files.
        But i'm not sure if it can work in linux box.
        can anybody clarify this?( i mean can an excel file be accessed via ODBC on a
        linux box?so...are there any such drivers?)
        -suman