Re-auto-negotiation

  • arun
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003
      Hi,

      Iam posting this as a reply to a previous mail(mine)
      regarding the mii-diag tool, since it went un-answered

      >I'm trying to find the speed of a network interface
      >using the auto-negotiation interface provided by the
      >SIOCGMIIPHY (0x8947) ioctl.
      >However I find that for some NICs like Realtek 8029
      >mii-diag fails

      SIOCGMIIPHY is being depreciated in favour of
      SIOCETHTOOL and mii-diag tool will be most likely
      be replaced by ethtool.

      Havent actually tried coding to it, but this seems to be
      the only other replacement since this also supports
      Gigabit NIC driver specs. So iam trying out the possibility
      that the new drivers might have taken out the support for
      the old ioctl's.

      In-case it comes handy for someone ...........

      arun