Re: [blug-prog] Creating daemon

  • Kiran Kumar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2003
      --- Chaudhary Abhijit-A18952 <abhijit@...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am designing a proxy server. After implementation
      > I want to add it as a daemon in the linux kernel.
      > What extra code + configuration do I have to do, to
      > add my proxy server as a daemon. Pls help.
      > Regards,
      > - Abhijit

      Daemon in the linux kernel!, most daemons are in user
      space, except for few kernel threads responsible for
      swapping, freeing memory etc. Anyway, get Richard
      Steven's UNIX network programming, there is a chapter
      on how to write daemons. Should do for you.
      Regards,
      Kiran Kumar Immidi

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • Kunaal Mahanti
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 10, 2003
        > Daemon in the linux kernel!, most daemons are in user
        > space, except for few kernel threads responsible for
        > swapping, freeing memory etc.

        I second that, use a user space daemon, but if you really want a
        kernel deamon (thread) then click on the links below.

        > Anyway, get Richard
        > Steven's UNIX network programming, there is a chapter
        > on how to write daemons. Should do for you.

        or go here :)

        bdflush (example)

        http://lxr.linux.no/source/fs/buffer.c#L3023
        http://lxr.linux.no/source/fs/buffer.c#L2918