Re: [blug-prog] Cache line usage

  • Arvind Kandhare
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2003
      cat /proc/cpuinfo

      You can use fopen if you want to use it programatically.
      Please let me/us know if there is any more elegent way.

      Regards,
      Arvind
    • Pradeep R V
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
        You can refer IA32 Architecture - Software developers manual to see how
        it can be done on intel pentium processors. You can find the manual
        here.
        ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/manuals/24547210.pdf

        --
        Pradeep

        On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 21:22, Iqbal wrote:
        > I no think, this is a right method.
        >
        > Some more info.
        >
        > Various processor and designs may provide different memory sync models
        > with DMA operations.For Ex: Motorolla MPC8245 handles all
        > synchronization in hardware.Other platforms can use either a write-back
        > or write-through caching model.
        >
        > write-back cache may contain processor written data but not reflected in
        > the memory.
        >
        > But write through cache automatically sends all writes to the memory
        > system.
        > so that, the cache and the memory system are kept in sync.
        >
        > So, you can ask me, you can use the right(second) one, but how is the
        > problem.
        >
        > Thanks for your response.
        >
        > Iqbal
      • Iqbal