Linking Libraries

  • Dushyanth Harinath
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2001
      Hi folks,

      I have written a small program using newt,mysql and vpopmail libraries.

      Now iam linking all of them dynamically while compiling using this command

      gcc -o config -Wall -I/home/vpopmail/include -I/usr/src/include mail.c \
      -L/home/vpopmail/lib -lvpopmail -lnewt -lmysqlclient

      How can i link only the newt library statically and the rest of the
      libraries dynamically.

      Hope the question is clear enough to understand my problem.. :)

      TIA
      cheers
      dushyanth
      --
      The best thing about GNU/Linux | Dushyanth Harinath
      is the people who use it. | Archean Infotech

      This email was sent using SquirrelMail.
      "Webmail for nuts!"
      http://squirrelmail.org/