[ Administrative ] Call for Managers

  • Mahendra M
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2001
      Hi all,

      All of you know that Linux Bangalore 2001 is just round the
      corner. We have exactly 76 days left for the event.
      For you to remember - The dates are Dec 10th - 12th.

      There is a need for Managers from the LUG, to organise the
      event. Remember, the need is for Managers and not volunteers.
      The BLUG needs people who can look after the following.

      * Getting Sponsors
      * Scheduling Talks
      * Interacting with speakers
      * Managing Finances
      * Interacting with media
      * Publicity
      * Writers
      * Content generation
      * Arranging equipment - machines etc.

      If you feel that you can manage any of the above task, please
      respond and take over immediately.

      Remember, this is a unrewarding job and requires you to put in
      a lot of commitment, time ( and sometimes money - LOL )
      As a manager, you will be in complete authority of your section and
      at the same time completely responsible for your job. That is the
      basic law of management right - Authority and responsibilty go
      hand in hand.

      Manager requirement at a later stage will be for Crowd Control, Venue
      Setup etc.

      Contact me offlist to volunteer.

      Mahendra
      Single tasking: Just Say No.

      | Mahendra M |
      | |
      | email : mahendra@..., mahmk@... |
      | mahendra@... |
      | Dept. of Electronics & Communication, |
      | RV College of Engineering, Bangalore. |
      | |