Re: [blug-prog] Help to analyse core-dump

  • Kiran Kumar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hi,
      You could try a couple of things
      - In the debugger (gdb), you will be notified of a
      SIGSEGV when there is an illegal memory access, so you
      can know the line number and line where this occurred.

      - After you get the core, you could do
      gdb <core-file> <binary>, where binary is the
      executable which produced the core. Then at the the
      gdb prompt, type 'where', it will show you the stack
      trace, leading to the function where you had a
      sigsegv.
      Regards,
      Kiran Kumar Immidi

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com