continous decrease in disk space

  • paroliasunil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      hi all,

      I am facing a strange problem. I am running our app on 100 threads
      (RHL7.1). I got core dumped after around 2 hrs. After scrutinising
      the things i found the available disk space is getting lesser and
      lesser( df -h ). When available free disk space reduces to around 20
      MB the program gives core dumps.

      The free disk space reduces around 4-5MB per min. the core size
      generated is of 2.0 GB. when i delete the core the free disk space is
      only 10 MB.

      Our application has no mem leaks as tested with comm. tools like
      insure++, rational purify etc.. the top command shows mem increase
      (the RSS ) from 18MB to 23 MB after 2 hrs when the prog gives core
      dump.

      My point is where can be the problem?? Also i want to understand the
      relationship betn core generated and reduction of free disk space.

      Any help or pointer to the study material is highly appreciated.

      thanks.

      Sunil Parolia