Re: [blug-prog] Please Help

  • Kenneth Gonsalves
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2002
      there are only three things you need to know about linux programming:
      1. there is more than one way to do it
      2. perl
      3. more perl
      kg

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I am new to linux programming, i have an experience on unix C
      > programming. Please let me know what are the important areas where i
      > can stress for linux programming. By Which it is not only going to
      > help me in developing my technical knowledge as well better job.
      >
      > Thanks in advance
      >
      > Vijay

    • Biju Chacko
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2002
        On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:46:18 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

        > there are only three things you need to know about linux programming:
        > 1. there is more than one way to do it
        > 2. perl
        > 3. more perl

        LOL

        Oye! Stop corrupting impressionable young minds, kg! :-)

        <troll>

        Everybody knows that Perl has nothing to do with programming. It has
        more to do with getting things done ... once. That is only a tenth of
        what programming is.

        If you want to learn about Linux programming, do it with a *real*
        programming language like C. Don't waste your time with scripting
        language crap like Perl or high-falutin' CS time-wasters like C++. Be a
        real man (or woman) and use C. Or assembly. Or be the ultimate real
        programmer [1] and type out binary machine code.

        </troll>

        -- b (who sits back to watch the fun start) (assuming somebody takes the
        bait)

        [1] http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/real.programmers.html

        --
        Linux Bangalore/2002 "Technology for a Free World" December 3/4/5, 2002
        http://linux-bangalore.org/2002