adding library checks in configure.in

  • rohits79
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2002
      Hi

      I tried to modify the "configure.scan" to include the check for QT
      libraries (qt-mt). I included LIBS="-lqt-mt" in the configure.in.
      I also tried adding "myprogname_LDADDS= "-lqt-mt" (am not sure if it
      is correct).

      I now have the configure and the Makefile scripts generated from
      configure.in. But am unable to include the required library check
      in "configure" or in the build process of Make.

      For sample work I downloaded Mosfet's Liquid Theme to read the
      similar sample, what he has adds is some KDE macros which does not
      seems to work for me. If i try to add them it gives me error

      please can anyone give me some example for the same

      Regards
      Rohit
    • Anil Kumar Saharan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1 9:30 PM
        > I tried to modify the "configure.scan" to include the check for QT
        > libraries (qt-mt). I included LIBS="-lqt-mt" in the configure.in.
        > I also tried adding "myprogname_LDADDS= "-lqt-mt" (am not sure if
        > it
        > is correct).
        Library check in the configur.in can be made as.
        AC_CHECK_LIB(libname, functionname [, Action if found [, action if
        not found]]))

        ex, AC_CHECK_LIB(c, main, LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -lc", exit) /// Checks
        for function main in libc

        for more details check man autoconf.

        =====
        Anil Saharan