Re: [blug-prog] struct option?

  • David Koo
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 12, 2001
      ::: is there any struct option in gcc?

      Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "struct option" ???!

      --
      Koo
    • Ganesan R
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 12, 2001

        > is there any struct option in gcc?

        What do you mean and how is it related to user-mode linux (the mail you
        gratuitously quoted in full)?

        Ganesan

        --
        Ganesan R (rganesan@...) | http://people.debian.org/~rganesan
      • MMH
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 12, 2001
          Don't ask vague (and probably weird) questions. You will get
          proper answers if you ask the question properly.

          MMH
          sharma ajay wrote:
          > hi,
          >
          > is there any struct option in gcc?
          >
          > ajay
          >
          > --- ligesh <ligesh@...> wrote:
          > > On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 01:14:22PM +0530, kirti
          > > wrote:
          > > > Hi
          > >
          > > You can do it using User-mode linux, a kernel that
          > > will run as a user program. Not very well written
          > > but I guess it should suffice for normal work.
          > >
          > > Or you can go for Vmware and run linux inside
          > > another linux.
          > >

          > > - -- Ligesh

          > Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
          > http://im.yahoo.com
          >
          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ve/verisign/vsopen24.gif>
          > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=207641.1594108.3142424.1269402/D=egroupweb/S=1705006580:HM/A=765263/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b153340270003000>
          >

          > --
        • MMH
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 12, 2001
            Is there any "constraint" on installing Linux on your
            machines. ;=)

            MMH

            "Kernel field is NOT for everyone to play _simeltaneously_"

          • achitnis@exocore.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 12, 2001
              On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, MMH wrote:

              > Don't ask vague (and probably weird) questions. You will get
              > proper answers if you ask the question properly.

              <ADMIN_MODE>

              The question was neither vague nor weird. The BLUG lists cater to newbies
              as well as gurus.

              Your message contributed nothing at all. No one has complained about the
              original message, however there have been complaints to the moderators
              about *your* message tone.

              If you have nothing to say, please don't.

              </ADMIN_MODE>

              Thank you.

              Atul
            • sharma ajay
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 13, 2001
                I am extremely sorry and i'll try to be careful in
                future.

                ajay

                --- MMH <hanasim@...> wrote:
                > Don't ask vague (and probably weird) questions. You
                > will get
                > proper answers if you ask the question properly.
                >
                > MMH
                > sharma ajay wrote:
                > > hi,
                > >
                > > is there any struct option in gcc?
                > >
                > > ajay
                > >
                > > --- ligesh <ligesh@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > You can do it using User-mode linux, a kernel
                > that
                > > > will run as a user program. Not very well
                > written
                > > > but I guess it should suffice for normal work.
                > > >
                > > > Or you can go for Vmware and run linux inside
                > > > another linux.
                > > >

                > > > - -- Ligesh

                > > Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant
                > messaging with Yahoo! Messenger
                > > http://im.yahoo.com
                > >
                > > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

                <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ve/verisign/vsopen24.gif>

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=207641.1594108.3142424.1269402/D=egroupweb/S=1705006580:HM/A=765263/R=0/*http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=b153340270003000>

                > > --

                > > This is the programming list of the Bangalore
                > Linux Users Group

                > Terms of Service

              • kirti
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 14, 2001
                  Hi
                  While reading about Linux kernel, so many times I came across the word
                  ELF.Can anybody tell me what is that ?
                  I came to know that its similar to COFF.
                  But where exactly it comes into picture ?

                  regards
                  Kirti

                  Disclaimer

                  is strictly prohibited.

                • Amit Kumar
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 14, 2001
                    Hi ,
                    The ELF is a binary format ,which is said to be
                    outcome over the a.out for mostly used in the System V
                    and Solaris and way you can check out the give like
                    for more information regarding this format ...

                    http://matarese.com/ELF-HOWTO.html
                    Rgds
                    amit.

                    --- kirti <kirtim@...> wrote:

                    <HR>
                    <tt>
                    Hi<BR>
                    While reading about Linux kernel, so many times I came
                    across the word<BR>
                    ELF.Can anybody tell me what is that ?<BR>
                    I came to know that its similar to COFF.<BR>
                    But where exactly it comes into picture ?<BR>
                    <BR>
                    regards<BR>
                    Kirti<BR>
                    <BR>
                    <BR>
                    *********************************************************<BR>
                    Disclaimer<BR>
                    <BR>
                    This message (including any attachments) contains <BR>
                    confidential information intended for a specific <BR>
                    individual and purpose, and is protected by law. <BR>
                    If you are not the intended recipient, you should <BR>
                    any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this<BR>
                    message, or the taking of any action based on it, <BR>
                    is strictly prohibited.<BR>
                    <BR>
                    removed]<BR>
                    <BR>
                    </tt>

                    <tt>
                    --<BR>
                    </tt>

                    <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
                    href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
                    of Service</a>.</tt>

                  • MMH
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 14, 2001
                      "Executable & Linkable Format" is a file format for object
                      and executable files. It supports many advanced features.

                      The below page has more information.

                      http://www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/ELF.txt

                      MMH

                      kirti wrote:
                      > Hi
                      > While reading about Linux kernel, so many times I came across the word
                      > ELF.Can anybody tell me what is that ?
                      > I came to know that its similar to COFF.
                      > But where exactly it comes into picture ?
                      >
                      > regards
                      > Kirti

                      > Disclaimer
                      >
                      > This message (including any attachments) contains
                      > confidential information intended for a specific
                      > individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
                      > If you are not the intended recipient, you should
                      > any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
                      > message, or the taking of any action based on it,
                      > is strictly prohibited.

                      > --
                    • Pallav Nawani
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 16, 2001

                        > kirti wrote:
                        > > Hi
                        > > While reading about Linux kernel, so many times I came across the word
                        > > ELF.Can anybody tell me what is that ?
                        > > I came to know that its similar to COFF.
                        > > But where exactly it comes into picture ?
                        > >
                        > > regards
                        > > Kirti

                        COFF stands for Common Object File Format, a executable and
                        object file format used in Unix System V Release 3. and Windows
                        (not sure about windows).

                        regards,
                        Pallav.

                        Batteries not included.