Voice Communication

  • emendeep
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
      Hi All

      I am chetandeep here (using emendeep's id to post this message)
      I am new to TeleComm Domain and have to implement the following
      scenario.

      Transmit voice from one system through network to other system
      if we r speaking here...transmitting voice at the receving end the
      voice should be heard while we r speaking.

      means if a program captures our voice and converts it into packets
      and sends over network to another system and then it recvs the
      packets and transforms it back into voice and some player plays that
      voice... in other words just like the voice chat on the web.

      Your ideas / URLs / suggestions are welcome

      Thanks in Advance
      Chetandeep
    • Atul Chitnis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2002
        On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, emendeep wrote:

        > Your ideas / URLs / suggestions are welcome

        Check out this piece of magic:

        http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+voip

        Isn't that cool?

        I got the idea from reading this page:

        http://linux-bangalore.org/articles/smart-questions.php#BEFORE

        <admin>

        Students with projects, programmers with tasks:

        Please note that the BLUG mailing lists are *not* there to do the work for
        you - only to help you once *you* have put in some effort and get stuck on
        specific things.

        If it is obvious that you haven't done even a wee bit of homework (evident
        if the important "I have already done the following:...." info is missing
        in your post), then forget about getting any assistance here.

        </admin>

        Atul

        --
        The Exocore Professional Linux Administrator Workshop
        July 18 & 19, 2002, Hotel Le Meridien, Bangalore.

        Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
        Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 344-0397