anyone ready to help ..

  • simith nambiar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
      hi everybody,
      I just wanted to know whether i can get
      help on v4l (Video for Linux) for my project
      in case anyone has done some work please reply i need
      to clear some basic doubts regarding video on linux
      like which one to use for displaying frames,
      Xlib or gtk , and other basic Q's
      I'am a student doing a project on video-conferencing
      on Linux

      Any help would be greatly appreciated,
      thank you,
      Cheers,
      Simith

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Atul Chitnis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
        On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, simith nambiar wrote:

        > I just wanted to know whether i can get
        > help on v4l (Video for Linux) for my project

        It will probably be much easier to get answers if you ask specific
        questions, rather than a blanket plea for help (which may sound like you
        are asking someone to do the project for you! ;)

        An example of a specific question is "How do I get the xyz widget to react
        to a mouse click?"

        Atul

        --
        The Exocore Professional Linux Administrator Workshop
        July 18 & 19, 2002, Hotel Le Meridien, Bangalore.

        Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
        Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 344-0397
      • nitin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
          Hi!
          I am nitin and have worked pretty muc hon Linux. For the faster display
          of frames you need
          an Api and GDK Rgb Output would be of some help to you. It all depends on
          what you are working
          for . If it is a standalone Pc Application being done on GTK then I would
          suggest GdK Library would be of
          some help to you b'cos you convert the YUV frame data to RGB before you
          display.

          http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gdk/gdk-gdkrgb.html
          This gives a frame display rate of more than 30 frames for normal images.
          Just go through would be of some help.
          Send me the detailed SRS would be able to help you with your design.
          Regards,
          Nitin

          help on v4l (Video for Linux) for my project
          in case anyone has done some work please reply i need
          to clear some basic doubts regarding video on linux
          like which one to use for displaying frames,
          Xlib or gtk , and other basic Q's
          I'am a student doing a project on video-conferencing
          on Linux

          Any help would be greatly appreciated,
          thank you,
          Cheers,
          Simith

          http://sbc.yahoo.com

        • Dwivedi , Ajay Kumar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
            I would suggest http://www.videolan.org/ for info & source.
            And if you can help them, it would be great too :)

            > hi everybody,
            > I just wanted to know whether i can get
            > help on v4l (Video for Linux) for my project
            > in case anyone has done some work please reply i need
            > to clear some basic doubts regarding video on linux
            > like which one to use for displaying frames,
            > Xlib or gtk , and other basic Q's
            > I'am a student doing a project on video-conferencing
            > on Linux

          • anand chugh
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
              hi
              i have done project on video conferening...
              firstly u tell from which college u r???

              And if you can help them, it would be great too :)

              > hi everybody,
              > I just wanted to know whether i can get
              > help on v4l (Video for Linux) for my project
              > in case anyone has done some work please reply i need
              > to clear some basic doubts regarding video on linux
              > like which one to use for displaying frames,
              > Xlib or gtk , and other basic Q's
              > I'am a student doing a project on video-conferencing
              > on Linux

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor