RE: [blug-prog] serial communication

  • Ritika M
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
      --- Jitendra kanitkar <Jitendrak@...>
      wrote: > Can you pl. let us know the loop back pin
      connection
      > you have?
      > What about handshaking lines?

      i used a null modem cable, connected one end of the
      cable to the serial port on my system and connected
      the 2nd and the 3rd pin of the other end of the cable.

      For live cricket scores download Yahoo! Score Tracker
      at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html
    • Jitendra kanitkar
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
        the connection with handshaking lines should be
        2 - 3
        3 - 2
        4 - 5
        5 - 4
        6 - 20
        8 - 22
        20 - 6
        22 - 8

        pl. make sure ( pl. confirm the nos. also as I streched my memory little
        bit) these connections.
        Another variation is also there if I remember correctly short 6 and 8 and
        then connect to 20 on other side.

        Thanks,
        Jitendra.

        wrote: > Can you pl. let us know the loop back pin
        connection
        > you have?
        > What about handshaking lines?

        i used a null modem cable, connected one end of the
        cable to the serial port on my system and connected
        the 2nd and the 3rd pin of the other end of the cable.

        For live cricket scores download Yahoo! Score Tracker
        at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html
        <http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050065
        80:HM/A=1000239/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1017748217%3eM=21
        5002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705006580:HM/A=1000239/R=1>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1954253.3462811.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=1705006580:HM/A=1000239/rand=985655062>

      • Ritika M
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2002
          but i am using a loopback with a null modem cable.
          Isn't handshaking not necessary with a null modem
          connection??