Care to help another LUG?

  • manishchakravarty
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
      I am Group Moderator of JLUG - The JNNCE Linux Users Group.JNNCE
      stands for Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering
      (Shimoga, Karnataka). We often develop teething problems (mainly
      related to networking security using ipchains and porting (mainly
      from VC++ to linux)) which we find unable to sort out. We request
      members of this group, who have interst in this field to join or LUG
      and help us with our problems
      visit us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jlug
    • Kingsly John
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
        On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, manishchakravarty wrote:

        |I am Group Moderator of JLUG - The JNNCE Linux Users Group.JNNCE
        |stands for Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering
        |(Shimoga, Karnataka). We often develop teething problems (mainly
        |related to networking security using ipchains and porting (mainly
        |from VC++ to linux)) which we find unable to sort out. We request
        |members of this group, who have interst in this field to join or LUG
        |and help us with our problems

        Wouldn't it be easier if people from your college joined other mailing
        lists... for problems that you can't solve by yourself .. and post a
        report to your mailing list once they find a solution ?

        And most importantly this is *NOT* a helpdesk ... so asking people to join
        a mailing list with the sole intention of solving *your* problems is not a
        reasonable thing... if *you* have a problem it should be *you* that should
        be taking the effort.

        Kingsly
      • Pallav Nawani
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
          On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, manishchakravarty wrote:

          > (Shimoga, Karnataka). We often develop teething problems (mainly
          > related to networking security using ipchains and porting (mainly
          > from VC++ to linux)) which we find unable to sort out. We request
          > members of this group, who have interst in this field to join or LUG
          > and help us with our problems
          > visit us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jlug

          Don't you think it would be better if some of you guys joined
          this list and asked your questions here?

          --

          regards,
          Pallav.

          Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit.
          | |
          |Pallav Nawani |
          |Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd. |
          |Domlur, Bangalore. |
          |Personal Web Page: http://members.dencity.com/pallavnawani |