1400Re: [blug-prog] System processing time.

  • Pradeep S
    May 1 8:00 PM
      hi,

      There is a /proc filesystem that has all the details
      u look in to it.

      there is a tool called glibtop that gets you the
      system details. look in to it. it is an rpm which
      u'll have to install it comes in the linux cd but will
      not be default in selection. u'll have 2 manually
      select it and install.

      hope this will feed u r needs

      regards
      Pradeep

      --- shashimc2002 <shashimc2002@...> wrote:
      > Hello everybody,
      >
      > I am trying to estimate the time taken by the system
      > to process
      > packets at different stages. I am basically trying
      > to find out where
      > the bottleneck is, in some 386 and 486 machines,
      > while processing
      > packets.
      >
      > Can you please let me know how I could go about
      > finding out the time
      > spent in processing the packet at different stages:
      > from the moment
      > it is received by the Ethernet card to the time when
      > it is delivered
      > to the application. Do I have any system call / lib
      > / command for
      > this? Or do we have an ioctl() for this ?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Regards,
      > -Shashidhar.

      =====