1395System processing time.

  • shashimc2002
    May 1 1:02 AM
      Hello everybody,

      I am trying to estimate the time taken by the system to process
      packets at different stages. I am basically trying to find out where
      the bottleneck is, in some 386 and 486 machines, while processing
      packets.

      Can you please let me know how I could go about finding out the time
      spent in processing the packet at different stages: from the moment
      it is received by the Ethernet card to the time when it is delivered
      to the application. Do I have any system call / lib / command for
      this? Or do we have an ioctl() for this ?

      Thanks in advance.

      Regards,
      -Shashidhar.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic