Re: [blug-non-tech] Want to talk to Microsoft (India) about Linux?

  • Atul Chitnis
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 11, 2005
      On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Praveen A wrote:

      > IMHO, statements like this merely give a wrong reason for the right
      > decision.

      Ahem, Praveen - when you quote someone else in a message, it is best to
      use a forward or at least use quotation symbols ">" to show that this
      isn't your own text but someone else's. The "Courtesy" thing at the bottom
      is easily missable, making it look like *you* are the one saying this.

      Anyway, while I respect Mahesh's opinion, it was out of context in this
      case.

      Had he seen the full thread, he would have understood that I was referring
      to the thing that MS is afraid of. And believe me, it certainly isn't the
      semi-religious or philosophical aspects of FOSS, but the development
      methodology.

      The intention behind my original post was to get Sunil to understand that
      it isn't about "Linux" (which is just *one* product of the FOSS process)
      but the process itself (and all its products) that challenges MS's way of
      thinking about software and its business.

      The philosophy behind FOSS is important to *us*, but NOT to Microsoft.

      Atul
    • aseem rawat
      Message 44 of 44 , Mar 16, 2005
        Very interesting read regarding Harald Welte's find .

        http://news.com.com/Open-source+programmer+alleges+Linux+misuse/2100-7344_3-5621156.html

        Regards,
        Rawat.
        www.aseemrawat.blogspot.com