Re: [blug-non-tech] Wanted -- Debian CDs!

  • Ramesh Sistla
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2005
      Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:

      > I have the Debian Sarge small 107 MB boot cd , and its 8.6 GB
      > repositoies on a Portable USB hard disk. Also, What I actually did is
      > i installed Knoppix 3.7 , and over that, i installed, using dpkg ,
      > the aptitude and synaptic packages. Then using aptitude, installed a
      > lot of things from the repositories on portable Hard disk.
      > I live at Jayanagar 7th block.. If you tell me where you stay, i can
      > come to your place with the stuff.

      Thank you very much for your response. Well, your solution is perfect
      for a PC. But I am going to install Debian on a HP-UX machine of RISC
      architecture. As you would be aware, these are old machines which do not
      know of a USB drive, can't easily boot from the CD and so on..... So I
      am looking for full set of Debian woodys which is supported on the
      PA-RISC architecture.

      Thanks for the offer of help.

      Regards

      --
      :-)
      Ramesh K. Sistla

      http://manmeram.blogspot.com

      May the wicked become good, may the good attain peace
      May the peaceful be freed from bonds, may the freed set others free
      -- Rig Veda