[OT] Yahoo 999 error

  • Atul Chitnis
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
      How many people, on going to any Yahoo group page (such as
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-bangalore-non-tech), get the infamous
      Yahoo 999 error saying

      This page is currently unavailable

      Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We
      apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

      that everyone on every network (VSNL, Reliance, BSNL, NOW, etc.) appears
      to be seeing, anywhere in the country, for long periods of the day?

      If you see it, please post, also stating your ISP's name.

      Yahoo is ignoring this issue, which has become worse and worse over the
      past 3 months.

      Maybe a little public comment will wake their engineers up and get them to
      fix the offending line of code that causes this.

      BTW - saying "I can go to in.groups.yahoo.com" is not valid, because only
      the frontends run in india - any query to an actual group still goes to
      groups.yahoo.com.

      Thanks!

      Atul

      Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
      Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 2344-0397
    • Avik Sengupta
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
        On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 17:49, Atul Chitnis wrote:
        > How many people, on going to any Yahoo group page (such as
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-bangalore-non-tech), get the infamous
        > Yahoo 999 error saying
        >
        > This page is currently unavailable

        Right now, from Touchtel DSL, getting the error

        I visited yahoo groups last maybe two weeks ago, was alright then.

        Regards
        -
        Avik
      • ash
        • Thejaswi I
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
            Hi,

            Iam using Sify broadband connection and i get the
            Yahoo! 999 error.

            thejaswi

            --
            Thejaswi I
            Applibase Software Ltd
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2004
              On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:49:42 +0530 (IST), Atul Chitnis
              <achitnis@...> wrote:

              > If you see it, please post, also stating your ISP's name.

              Yeah I'm seeing it for the last few days, over the last few months it
              was sparse. I'm using BSNL DIAS

              Somehow this seems to be "India" Specific. Apparently access thru
              Proxify works fine at the same instant.

              --
              Shyam Mani
              http://xinetd.accosted.net/

              Meet Larry the Cow - http://www.gentoo.org
            • Kalyan Varma
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 8, 2004
                On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Atul Chitnis wrote:

                > How many people, on going to any Yahoo group page (such as
                > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-bangalore-non-tech), get the infamous
                > Yahoo 999 error saying
                >
                > This page is currently unavailable
                >
                > Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We
                > apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.
                >
                > that everyone on every network (VSNL, Reliance, BSNL, NOW, etc.) appears
                > to be seeing, anywhere in the country, for long periods of the day?
                >
                > If you see it, please post, also stating your ISP's name.

                Anyone still seeing this error ? Let me know if you still do and kindly
                mail me offlist with your details.

                thanks,
                - Kalyan