Re: [blug] Linux in E-Governance

  • Alex M Alex
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2001
      Hi grace,
      Four Village panchayaths near Kochi,Kerala have implemented and
      developed complete solutions for their daily chores in gnu/linux
      (funded by them 7 lakhs/per village). They had a stall in last
      IT- show in Kochi. I have lost their address contact address
      regards
      alex
      http://hpc.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~alex
      http://violet.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~alex

      On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Grace Pohlmann wrote:

      > HI,
      >
      > I would be grateful if anyone could give me info about instances of
      > research/implementation of Linux in EGovernance in India or abroad.
      >
      > Thx,
      > Grace

      -------003394242500456617410078676361--
      ReSent-Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:24:44 +0530 (IST)
      ReSent-From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@...>
      ReSent-To: <ilug-bangalore-non-tech@egroups.com>
      ReSent-Subject: Re: [blug] Linux in E-Governance
      ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.30.0101131024440.1196@...>

      Hi grace,
      Four Village panchayaths near Kochi,Kerala have implemented and
      developed complete solutions for their daily chores in gnu/linux
      (funded by them 7 lakhs/per village). They had a stall in last
      IT- show in Kochi. I have lost their address contact address
      regards
      alex
      http://hpc.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~alex
      http://violet.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~alex

      On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Grace Pohlmann wrote:

      > HI,
      >
      > I would be grateful if anyone could give me info about instances of
      > research/implementation of Linux in EGovernance in India or abroad.
      >
      > Thx,
      > Grace

      -------003394242500456617410078676361--
    • Atul Chitnis
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2001
        Note - for the hyper-observant:

        Alex had replied to the announcement list (now post-banned), but I thought
        the message could be useful to Grace, so I bounced it to the non-tech
        list.

        This results in some people seeing Alex's email address as my address,
        which is of course not correct.

        Atul

        On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Alex M Alex wrote:

        > Hi grace,
        > Four Village panchayaths near Kochi,Kerala have implemented and
        > developed complete solutions for their daily chores in gnu/linux
        > (funded by them 7 lakhs/per village). They had a stall in last
        > IT- show in Kochi. I have lost their address contact address
        > regards
        > alex
        > http://hpc.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~alex
        > http://violet.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~alex
        >

        > On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Grace Pohlmann wrote:
        >
        > > HI,
        > >
        > > I would be grateful if anyone could give me info about instances of
        > > research/implementation of Linux in EGovernance in India or abroad.
        > >
        > > Thx,
        > > Grace

        > -------003394242500456617410078676361--
        > ReSent-Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:24:44 +0530 (IST)
        > ReSent-From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@...>
        > ReSent-To: <ilug-bangalore-non-tech@egroups.com>
        > ReSent-Subject: Re: [blug] Linux in E-Governance
        > ReSent-Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.30.0101131024440.1196@...>
        >
        > Hi grace,
        > Four Village panchayaths near Kochi,Kerala have implemented and
        > developed complete solutions for their daily chores in gnu/linux
        > (funded by them 7 lakhs/per village). They had a stall in last
        > IT- show in Kochi. I have lost their address contact address
        > regards
        > alex
        > http://hpc.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~alex
        > http://violet.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~alex
        >

        > On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Grace Pohlmann wrote:
        >
        > > HI,
        > >
        > > I would be grateful if anyone could give me info about instances of
        > > research/implementation of Linux in EGovernance in India or abroad.
        > >
        > > Thx,
        > > Grace

        > -------003394242500456617410078676361--

        Atul Chitnis | achitnis@... (PGP:6011BCB8)
        Bangalore, India | +91(80)3440397 Fax +91(80)3341137
      • Grace Rajula
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2001
          Hi Alex,

          Thanks for the info about the egov instance in Kerala.
          i did find an article about that in the Hindu sometime
          back.

          please let me know if you find more such instances

          Grace

          http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/