[OT - OpenOffice/Staroffice 6.0] - I need both. Pls help. - nerdy.

  • Vikrant Aivalli
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
      Guyz,

      I need OpenOffice and Star Office 6.0. Can anyone burn them on a CD and
      pass it on to me ?? BTW has the licencing policy of Sun changed for
      Staroffice ( Read : Iz it still free ?? ). So if you can please get in
      touch with me ok.

      Thanx in advance.

      Regards,

      nerdy / vikky / vikrant aivalli

      PS : I have StarOffice 5.2. ( I am bored of it ok .)

      e-mail : aivalli at vsnl dot net

      Every story has three sides, yours, mine and the fact.
    • Atul Chitnis
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
        On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Vikrant Aivalli wrote:

        > I need OpenOffice and Star Office 6.0. Can anyone burn them on a CD and
        > pass it on to me ??

        As you will have noticed, few (if any) people will respond to such
        requests. The reason is simple - if you accommodate one person, bunches of
        others will follow, and finally you have to say "no".

        This is what happened to us at Exocore (we will no longer make CD copies
        for people because we hat having to say yes to one person and no to
        another), and I am sure a lot of others have taken the same stand.

        I, for one, downloaded my copy of OpenOffice 1.01 from the OpenOffice.org
        site over dialup at home - over a normal 56kbps connect. I suggest for
        anything under 100 MB, it is worth doing it yourself.

        If, however, you insist on getting it from "somewhere", then may I point
        you to http://www.gtcdrom.com, http://www.lincds.com, etc?

        > BTW has the licencing policy of Sun changed for Staroffice ( Read : Iz
        > it still free ?? ). So if you can please get in touch with me ok.

        StarOffice is no longer free - OpenOffice is.

        And while I *do* understand that the tagged on "OK" at the end of each
        sentence is common in student parlance in Bangalore, may I point out that
        in real English, this is fairly rude and usually taken as an attempt at
        "issuing a command".

        Avoid that. "OK"?

        Atul

        p.s. Have you seen anyone else who puts his name in the subject line like
        you do? I looked, and I didn't find anyone doing that. If no one does it,
        it could possibly be related to the fact that it is meaningless to do so.

        Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
        Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 344-0397
      • Tanveer Singh
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
          On Monday September 2 2002 13:06, Atul Chitnis wrote:
          > StarOffice is no longer free
          Well recently sun changed licencing again. Staroffice is again free :-)
          --
          Old men are fond of giving good advice to console themselves for their
          inability to set a bad example.
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
            Tanveer Singh on Monday, September 02, 2002 1:20 PM
            >Well recently sun changed licencing again. Staroffice is again free :-)

            Please let me know where can i download staroffice 6.0; if its free I am interested in downloading it. I did not find it on www.sun.com/staroffice

            Bhanu

          • Atul Chitnis
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
              On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Tanveer Singh wrote:

              > On Monday September 2 2002 13:06, Atul Chitnis wrote:
              > > StarOffice is no longer free

              > Well recently sun changed licencing again. Staroffice is again free :-)

              Any URL for this? Because at

              http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/6.0/index.html

              it says nothing of that sort.

              Atul

              Atul Chitnis | achitnis@...
              Bangalore, India | +91 (80) 344-0397
            • vsashok
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
                >From: Vikrant Aivalli <aivalli@...>
                >I need OpenOffice and Star Office 6.0. Can anyone burn them on a CD and
                >pass it on to me ?? BTW has the licencing policy of Sun changed for
                >Staroffice ( Read : Iz it still free ?? ). So if you can please get in
                >touch with me ok.

                India infotech (http://www.indiainfotech.org) sells Cheapbyte Openoffice
                CD for Rs. 100/- a peice. GT Enterprises sells SO, affordable prices I
                guess!Ashok