website...

  • dominick nash
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      hi ,

      i have apache running on my linux system

      now my question is on having my own website....

      how can i have my own website...do i have to register anywhere....if yes how much does that cost.

      such that anybody anywhere can access my website....

      expecting a reply....

      dominick....

    • Pallav Nawani
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, dominick nash wrote:

        > hi ,
        >
        > i have apache running on my linux system

        Good...............................

        > how can i have my own website...do i have to register anywhere
        >....if yes how much does that cost.

        You have to register a domain name first and get an IP address.
        Search Google for domain name registration, and You will find
        dozens of people who do this ( There might be somebody who
        does this in India too, but I don't know).

        Then, get a connection to the net, and You are all set. But
        don't get a dial in connection!

        > expecting a reply....

        You've got it now........................

        hth
        Pallav

        He who despairs over an event is a coward, but he who holds hopes for
        the human condition is a fool.
        -- Albert Camus
        | |
        |Pallav Nawani |
        |Sasken Communication Technologies Ltd. |
        |Domlur, Bangalore. |
        |Personal Web Page: http://members.dencity.com/pallavnawani |
      • Tanveer Singh
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          On Thursday August 1 2002 14:12, Pallav Nawani wrote:
          > Search Google for domain name registration, and You will find
          > dozens of people who do this ( There might be somebody who
          > does this in India too, but I don't know).
          net4india.com does this