crumb quilt article, well almost

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
      Did you see the article in the December issue of American Patchwork &
      Quilting on page 54 titled Call Me Crazy? This is basically Nancy's
      crumb quilt demo from last month using blue fabrics with white
      strips. They call it crazy quilting, but it's the same process.

      Suzanne
    • Jennifer Ofenstein

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2007
          That's right, it's the very same process that I demonstrated in August.  Amy was ahead of the pack, designing her crumb quilt with horizontal sashings like the one pictured in the magazine!

          Not too many years ago, string quilts and crumb blocks were considered the lowliest of scrap quilting, with no continuity, no "art," and no appeal.  Now that prolific quilters have mounds of scraps left over from quilting, and with the cost of fabric escalating, these "lowly" methods of using up the smallest bits are becoming more popular.  Personally, I think they are beautiful quilts!

          --Nancie V